A lot of people are making money via affiliate marketing in Sweden. But what is affiliate marketing, and what do you need to succeed with affiliate marketing in Sweden?
In this article, we’ll answer the above-mentioned questions and more.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a marketing form where you as a publisher earn a commission when you’re promoting products online via for example a webpage. You´ll receive a payout from the affiliate network if you provide an agreed-upon result, for example, a lead for the sale of a product.
How does affiliate marketing work?
- You promote a product via for example a webpage or an email list.
- The visitors click on any of the affiliate links that you have added to your site.
- The visitor purchases something from the store which the affiliate link led to.
- The affiliate network records and confirms the transaction.
- The affiliate network pays you a commission for each sale. You’re most often compensated at the end of each month.
5 steps for success with affiliate marketing in Sweden
- Register for an affiliate network.
- Create or buy a webpage.
- Order SEO-optimized articles for your website.
- Get backlinks for your site.
- SEO-optimize your entire site.
Below we´ll talk about the above-mentioned tips in greater detail.
1. Register for an affiliate network
If you´re not already a member of an affiliate network, it’s a must to register for one. When you’re a member of an affiliate network, you’ll get access to ad programs and the much-needed affiliate links that track your leads, and in turn your monthly commission.
Big affiliate networks in Sweden include organizations such as Adrecord and Adclusive.se. They offer hundreds of ad programs, and product feeds for smooth product imports.
2. Buy or create a webpage
In order to get leads, it’s a good idea to create a webpage in WordPress, Joomla, or a similar publishing system. With a website, you’ll be able to market most products in an easy manner. Especially if your website looks good and has a short load time.
3. Order SEO-optimized articles
SEO-optimized articles, i.e., articles with a focus on keyword optimization and fulfilling readers’ search intent are a must for your website to rank well on Google. Please note that there are a lot of Swedish SEO agencies that´ll write SEO-optimized articles in Swedish on your behalf if you want to.
There are also a lot of Swedish copywriters and content writers available on talent marketplaces such as Upwork and Fiverr if you prefer to use freelancers instead.
4. Get backlinks for your website
Acquiring backlinks, i.e., links pointing to your website is important in order to make your website rank well on Google. Links from authoritative websites in the same niche as yours are preferable, but most links from just about any “real” website will give you an SEO boost if you can find relevance.
There are a couple of ways for you to acquire links. You can for example:
- Add links to your website on web catalogs. But we don’t recommend that since Google rarely cares about those links and will sometimes punish you for link spam.
- You can publish guest posts on other web pages. But please note that most Swedish webmasters require you to pay for publishing articles since most swedes know that “link juice” are a commodity.
- Buy links from an SEO agency like SEO-texter.se. They sell a lot of links from real websites which you can read more about here.
5. SEO-optimize your website
SEO-optimizing your affiliate website takes a lot of time and requires a lot of knowledge. Among other things, you will need to: